Madalas akong makabasa sa facebook lalo na sa mga group ng bloggers na na-hacked ang blog nila, kaya naisipan kong magtanong sa host ko…baka kasi mamaya blog ko naman ang pagtripan, wala na ngang kwenta blog ko, mawawala pa! lolzz
Eto ang reply nung support na kausap ko;
Yes. We perform daily backups but these back-ups are intended solely for Web.com.ph’s administrative purposes. Customers are responsible for maintaining their own set of back-up files.
We recommend to always update your script like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal to the latest stable version to avoid being hacked. We installed some security tools that will secure our servers.
Please maintain the following:
1. Update passwords regularly. Use strong or complex passwords.
2. Do not access important files or login details inside netcafes or internet shops.
3. 3rd-party scripts or applications such as Joomla, WordPress, phpBB or SMF should be updated regularly via the developers’ patches.
4. Before uploading or updating your website, make sure your computer is not compromised with Trojans, Viruses or Malwares. Frequent intrusions are caused by FTP uploads of exploited hackers’ scripts.
5. Lastly, secure a local backup of your files consistently. This can be done via cPanel > Backups > Download or Generate a Full or Home Directory backup.
Ayun! Kahit pala may daily backup ang host mo, di mo pa rin magagamit. Dapat may sarili kang backup files na pwedeng iupload kung sakaling ma-hacked ang blog mo at sila na bahalang magrestore…
We can restore your backup. You will only upload the backup tar file.
Ngayon, kung self hosted ang blog mo, download ka na ng plugin na pang-backup…para di ka na mag-alala kung sakaling ma-hacked man ang blog mo…
Mas mabuti ring mag-inquire ka sa host mo para at least alam mo kung ano ang dapat gawin kung sakaling mangyari ang mga di inaasahang bagay..
Pahabol ng host ko;
Please note we do not guarantee our backup’s integrity. It could happen we have backed-up a hacked website so it is now useless. The responsibility of backups and downloading copies to locally rest on the web designer/developer. Most importantly, it is the responsibility of the web designer/developer to update all 3rd party applications from hacking.
At mula kay John ng Semidoppel’s Report wag daw nating kalimutan ang Antivirus at wag basta-basta antivirus, dahil may mahihinang klase nito, at ayon sa kanya;
for me I recommend eset nod32…magaan lang sya sa pc…hindi tlga nagppbgal..then ok ung performance nya